Friday, September 10, 2010

We made it alive!

A lot has happened since my last post! Mike and I drove from Illinois all the way down to Los Fresnos, Texas. It was a pretty awesome trip. We drove 12 hours the first day, in addtion to the 2 hours we had to stop to let the car cool down. We made it to Tulsa, Oklahoma that night. Our plan was to sleep at a DNR campground with my little tent, but there was a severe storm watch that night, so we ended up sleeping in my car at a Wal-Mart. I climbed up on top of all my stuff in the back, and Mike reclined the passenger seat. I slept great, but Mike was cold. God was faithful in keeping my car alive and running quite well.

The next day we drove to San Antonio Texas, where we stayed with a couple from Matt & Leanne's church. The next day we had lunch with the Wilkinson's, and went swimming with them. It was really great to see them again, and I particularly enjoyed the interactions that I had with the couple from their church.

We left San Antonio around 2:45, and pulled into Los Fresnos right around 7:30. It was quite the trip! It was awesome spending time with Mike. All in all, those few days get my thumbs up.





1 comment:

Sarah said...

sounds like you guys had a great time! it's been a while since i've been able to catch up on your blog, be blessed mano!