Thursday, August 26, 2010

Ride Hard!

Besides studying, I spent my day on a bike ride with Jill and the Johanson's. We rode 15.8 miles, which was mostly paved trails, but we did sidetrack to do a bit of singletrack. My hybrid survived the intense singletrack that we did, which involved piles of logs, rocky downhills, and other really cool obstacles. It was good to get some outdoor adventure in! My bike is definitely going to need a tune-up when I get down to Texas!

I didn't get quite as much reading done today yet as I would have liked, but I did get about halfway through a book called "A Vision For Missions" by Tom Wells. It's a very God-focused book that gives a basis for doing missions. It seems to answer very well the question of "Why do we go out and be missionaries?" It's a good read, and relatively quick, at least compared to David Brainerd!

As I've been reading these different books, I've been encouraged in my walk with Christ. I've been examining areas of my life to see what is glorifying to God, and what could be done better. I'm definitely enjoying that aspect, as it's drawing me closer to God!

No comments: