Saturday, September 11, 2010

Fight hard!

Rode 20.1 miles this morning after sleeping in until 8:20 or so. Planned on riding out around 6:00, but I ended up staying up until 1:30 AM last night. It's been a pretty good week so far! I've really enjoyed the orientation classes that we've gone through. It was particularly encouraging to hear the different stories of God's work in people's lives.

The fellowship has definitely been one of my favorite aspects of living down here. We're constantly talking about God and practical Christianity in our apartment. We've meshed pretty well so far. It's unusual for me to not be laughing or joking with one of the other guys. It's been very fun.

God's been teaching me a lot about keeping focused on Him and fighting hard for His glory in every aspect of my life. It's not enough to just be attending missionary training school. I want to honor and glorify Him in everything I do, whether it's being diligent in classes, fervent in prayer, being a good leader in my relationship with Sarah, applying Scripture in my life, everything! As I spent time in prayer on my ride this morning, I was really thinking about how God has been placing in me this concept of fighting hard for God's glory in every aspect of my life. He is truly gracious.











No comments: