Sunday, August 01, 2010

We did it!

Mike and I have successfully circumnavigated Lake Michigan. The trip went very well. I spoke at a church in Saginaw, MI, and had the opportunity to be used by God to fire people up about glorifying Him in missions. It was neat to see people embrace the idea of reaching the unreached in Papua New Guinea.

We had a great time with our good family friends who attend that church. We had the opportunity to go camping and kayaking for 2 days, which was great. I turned over a couple of times, but Mike did way better, so I jumped off of my kayak and flipped his over. It was really fun to be able to spend a week with him. We've been best friends for the longest time, but we don't get to see each other very much anymore.

After our adventures in Saginaw, we drove up into the U.P. and had lunch with the Hobson family. Mike made quite the impression there. After lunch at Hiawatha Camp, we hopped in the car and drove down to Lake Lundgren Bible Camp, where I spoke at a month ago. We spent a day and a half there, which was awesome. It was fun to get to see everybody again.

I just got back home from my parents house. It was a nice drive up with the windows down and the sun setting in front of me. All in all, it was a great 10 days off!

1 comment:

Alyssa Joy said...

"Mike made quite the impression there."
WHAT is your NAME?!!!