Monday, August 02, 2010

Life in the real world

They know.

One of the biggest regrets I had when I was laid off in March was that the guys on the crew knew that I was different, but they didn't necessarily know why. I came back to work at G-Mac with a mission to strive to honor God and lift His name up on the jobsite each and every day. I wanted the guys that I work with to know why I'm different. Now, most of them do.

On days like today, when I feel like I'm really struggling to keep focused on God, it's really hard to see the progress that's being made. But when I look back, I can see clearly how God has glorified Himself through me in the workplace. Relationships have been built. God's name has been lifted on high even when it was hard. The gospel has been preached on several occasions, sometimes resulting in disdain and mockery. The battle of striving to glorify God each and every day continues!

No comments: