Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Knee-Deep

The last couple days I've put a good amount of hours in doing the summer reading for To Every Tribe. I found the book "To Every Tribe with Jesus" most interesting, and very helpful even for my walk with God now. I'm also finding "The Life and Diary of David Brainerd" quite interesting, and very God-focused and encouraging. That one though, I find rather long and monotonous. For the most part I am enjoying the shift from working full-time in the construction industry to studying full-time. It's definitely nice not to hear all the swearing and perverse talk, but at the same time there's a lot of opportunity to let my guard down and lose that war-time mentality.

I got to spend some time fellowshipping with guys from Village Church of Barrington, my parent's chuch, last night while playing floor hockey. Mike and I drove out there in the Acura. He didn't want to take my car because it doesn't have a CD player. I had forgotten how much fun hockey was, and I definitely enjoyed the contact part of it. It was fun to get to shove around the different guys from the church, in love of course!

2 1/2 more days of schoolwork, and then I'm taking a break for the weekend. Jill, Josie, Mike and I are all driving up to Wisconsin and picking up Sarah. Then we're going rock climbing at Devil's Lake and spending the weekend with her family. Looking forward to it!

2 comments:

Margie said...

Hey Kelly, Wish I knew you were in IL. We are in Geneva right now, leaving for TX next week after we take Abiah to Nicolet Bible Institute in WI. Glad you are getting the chance to do some of the summer reading. Brainerd is tedious in the first third of the book, but gets better as he relates to the tribes further in. Can't wait to start the new year. Have a great next week! Margie

Kelly & Sarah Bryant said...

Hey Margie! My girlfriend actually attended NBI at one point. I can't wait either! I'm really excited that Gabe is going to be rooming with us!