Monday, May 02, 2011

A Week with My Fiance

My fiance came down on April 22nd, and was here until the 30th. We had a really great time! I had classes all week, so she was able to sit in with us on those. We went to the beach a bunch of times, both to swim and then to camp with friends. It's nice having an island like South Padre 25 minutes away!

On one of our bike rides around Los Fresnos we discovered a little lake that had an alligator swimming in it! We sat in an a dead tree over the water and watched the gator for probably an hour. We also saw a lot of other wildlife, including snakes, turtles, and lots of birds. We are both are definitely in our element when we doing outdoor adventures!

Sarah and I also got to make a rough calendar for the summer while she was here. It looks like we'll be moving into the La Crosse area on June 19th. She's going to be living with a couple from my church, and I'm going to be back with my good friends, the Ganzemillers. I am going to be working with my old company, G-Mac construction, getting more carpentry experience. We are both looking forward to summer!

Our class this past week was on team development, and it was taught by David Depew. It was a very practical class that I think will have a big impact on us as we begin to form a team. We feel God is calling us to the East Sepik region, and quite possibly the Chambri tribe. Please continue to pray for us as we seek God's direction. We still have a lot of time before things of that nature will need to get decided though!

In my free time I am enjoying biking, running, lifting weights, and reading. There is a lot that I have yet to learn regarding building houses on the mission field, so I am also trying to do some basic reading regarding house construction and tools. This morning I was working through some of the "New Complete Do-It-Yourself Manual" by Reader's Digest. I'm enjoying learning new things, and it's exciting to know that these sorts of skills are invaluable on the mission field!















2 comments:

Summer said...

You guys look so cute! ;)

Kelly & Sarah Bryant said...

Thanks Summer!