Monday, January 09, 2012

God Our Provider

It's about 40 degrees outside right now, which is quite a heat wave for January in La Crosse, WI! After spending my work day siding a duplex, sloshing through mud & climbing all over scaffolding, I decided to go for a run. It's a very beautiful night, and I had a great run, breaking by far my record for the route. I got back and laid down on my front porch to cool off and regain my breath. As I laid there and looked up at some of the stars, I was struck by how thankful I am that I can trust God to be my provider. He loves and cares for me as a father!
I had been thinking some about how we are starting to run out of work at my company until spring. Even though I have bills to pay & I will be laid off, I am not worried. God always provides, whether it's through a job, unemployment, or a gift. God has always supplied my need in abundance! He is a faithful God! I am so thankful for all that He has provided! A lovely girlfriend with a heart and passion for tribal missions, a supportive and loving family, a wonderful church body, many good friends, a job, a truck, opportunities to share the gospel, good food, warm clothes, a nice apartment, the list goes on! Praise the Lord, our Provider!

1 comment:

Summer said...

Amen :)