Sunday, May 08, 2011

Settling in for the final 5 weeks

We've got 5 weeks of school left! I'm excited to be done for the summer. I'm looking forward to being with my fiance over the summer, spending time with my family, building things at my old carpentry job, spending time with my home church, hanging out with the youth from my church, going on adventure trips, and everything else that summer entails! It's been a great year, and it's flown by fast. God has taught me an amazing amount over the past year. I'm so grateful to be blessed with this time of learning and growing!

Being a very task-oriented person, I've got quite a few ideas for how I want to spend the last 5 weeks here. I'm going to be speaking at Lake Lundgren Bible Camp on the 3rd week of July, so I think I'm going to try to prepare my messages for that. I'm also planning to continue to bike, run, and use the bowflex. I'm thinking of taking another crack at a 100 mile ride. I've also got some reading I'd like to do. I've been working through a book on home repair that has TONS of info in it. It'd be nice to get that done before the semester is up. I've also really been enjoying doing some inductive Bible study! I'm doing 1 John right now, and I'd love to be able to finish that, which I picked to get "warmed up", and then work through Romans. I'm also continuing to go to the jail and preach on Wednesday mornings. Needless to say, I've got plenty to keep me busy!

In all of this though, one of my biggest concerns is to continue to spend time in the Word of God and in prayer. I realize that my standing with God has not changed if I miss my devotions in the morning (because of the righteousness of Christ). But, if I do miss my time with God, I feel like I am starving spiritually. I'm trying to get up earlier so that when I have to start work in La Crosse I will be able to spend time with God before work. Christ is my joy!

The pictures I included are from a couple of weeks ago when I was up in the San Antonio area doing some adventure stuff while we had the week off. It was a very refreshing time!












No comments: