Friday, October 08, 2010

Joy in Christ...all the time?

I decided last night that I was going to head over to South Padre Island this morning and have a little adventure. I got up around 5:30, made some coffee, grabbed a banana, my Bible, and a towel, and headed out the door. I didn't even bother to put shoes on, although that's a pretty common thread since I've started living in south Texas! I drove out to the island and walked along the shore, praying as the the surf crashed and the first morning rays begin to show. It was a fantastic time of reveling in the beauty of God's creation and getting my focus back on praising Him. It seems I am constantly fighting for joy in my life, a joy that can only come from Christ. Every day it seems I am looking for joy in other things and coming up empty. I have to constantly pray that I would look only to Christ for joy.

The theme of my prayer this morning was that I would have joy in Christ. I want to actively pursue Him and fight for joy in Him with everything I've got. One of the ways this is accomplished is by prayer. I know it sure isn't by anything I do!

School is going well. The classes and fellowship have been really encouraging. This is quite the haven of rest compared to the jobsite. This has been very beneficial to my walk with Christ!

1 comment:

Randy Schulenburg said...

Keep fighting for Joy, Kelly. Keep your focus on Christ and you'll never come up empty.

"The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace." - Numbers 6:24-26